How we helped...
Our client is a government owned company that was set up rapidly following the demise of a private sector organisation in order to continue service provision.
For the first few years of operation, the company had developed a short-term strategy which focused on stabilisation. In 2021, the company was ready to take the next step towards developing their capabilities and prepare for future growth. We were commissioned to work with the Board of Directors and all functional leadership teams to re-design and rollout a business-wide strategy and associated functional strategies.
Through a series of facilitated workshops and a tailored programme plan, we took the following approach:
- Evaluated the existing strategy against the current internal and external environment
- Worked with Board Directors to clearly define the organisation’s Vision and Mission
- Developed SMART Objectives with the Board Directors
- Worked with the Board Directors on developing the Strategy and associated Tactics at a high-level
- Validated the outputs with the Senior Leadership Team (next tier of leadership) and captured their feedback and input which resulted in some minor adjustments
- Worked with all functional teams to develop each function’s Mission, Objectives, Strategy and Tactics to support the company’s overall Vision
- Coordinated a series of presentations back to the wider-business to ensure all functions understood each other’s areas of focus and to break-down silos
- Developed materials, working with the internal communication team, for cascade across the business to all levels of the organisation
- Coordinated a communication cascade approach, ensuring leaders took responsibility for communicating to their teams
- Implemented mechanisms to capture feedback from front-line staff
- Undertook an audit a few months later to assess the effectiveness of rollout and communication, ensuring awareness and understanding across the business
This strategic exercise resulted in a clearly defined Vision, Mission, Objectives, Strategy and Tactics from corporate level through to functional level, which could be easily articulated and understood by all employees.
The audit that we conducted following rollout included a sample of over 20 people across a variety of functions. The results confirmed that the refreshed strategy was well-understood by everybody.
To find out more about our Strategy Development Workshops, click here.
Read more Case Studies here…
Delivered Lean Six Sigma training across several operating units, covering all levels from graduates to senior leadership, equipping their staff with the tools, principles and methods to drive continuous improvement in-house. Read More..
Led the global implementation of a Project and Portfolio Management tool across a £1m+ Capital Projects Portfolio, allowing for precision measurement and continued growth. Read More..
Relocated core operational activities from New York to London and repackaged the portfolio of services, improving the process cycle time by 20% and the overall customer experience. Read More..